Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Interview with Gina Gomez of GinaG Creations Part 1

 
Gina Gomez of GinaG Creations

Interview with Gina Gomez Part 1


Rico:
What's Your Name?


Gina G:


Rico:
List your shop(s) -


Gina G:

GinaG Creations

My first Zazzle shop. It's a little bit of everything. I have a passion for photography and living in NYC, I take a lot of photos here. Many of my products feature my photography. I also have products with digital art, vintage images, etc. I am currently working on several more stores that will be more specific to each theme. As far as choosing the name, if I could go back I'd choose something else. But this was my first shop so I just picked something easy.

Pretty Party

My newest store is called Pretty Party - It features party supplies that I designed myself. It's very fun and retro. I have baby shower supplies, wedding, birthday, holiday, etc. I'm adding to it every day so it will surely grow. My daughter Gabrielle came up with the name for this store.

Wild for Wildlife

My next store to open is called Wild for Wildlife - Still under construction. I want to have lots of products before going live. I hope to go live by this weekend. For the name, I just wanted something that sounded good. I was happy to find out Wild for Wildlife wasn't taken yet.



Rico:
How did you find Zazzle?


Gina Gomez :
I was doing lots of searches on promoting my photography. I came across Zazzle in a search engine. I belong to many different photography sites and my own portfolio is www.georginagomez.com. Georgina is my full name, even though I go by Gina.



Rico:
How long have you been at Zazzle?


Gina Gomez :
Several months.


Rico:
Are you a ProSeller?
If yes, how long from the time you open a shop until you made it to ProSeller?


Gina Gomez :
Not yet, but I hope to be soon. I'm almost at $100.00, which I think is the basic requirement.


Rico:
What made you decide to open your own store?


Gina Gomez :
I wanted to sell my photography. I love creating different products. I started Zazzle just to sell my photos but soon branched out to digital art, etc.


Rico:
What makes your shop stand out from the rest?


Gina Gomez :
My photography for sure. I also think my other designs are very unique as well.


Rico:
How would you describe your design style?


Gina Gomez :
Retro Retro Retro


Rico:
What type of product do you prefer to design?


Gina Gomez :
I honestly don't like doing the shirts. I keep forgetting to put in the size so it gives me an error all the time. I have no favorite. I do the Quick Create.


Rico:
What's the best advise you got when you were starting out?


Gina Gomez :
To give it a lot of time per day and treat it as a regular job. To also be patient. I tried contacting other pro sellers and I received lots of good advice. I was also told to be unique because Zazzle has millions of products to compete with.


Rico:
What was your first sale (include link)?


Gina Gomez :

It was a retro vinyl record coaster I designed. 


Retro Vintage Vinyl 45 Records Beverage Coaster

I created this design for anyone who loves the older vinyl records. Growing up in the 70s we only had records, and frankly I miss the scratchy music of yesterday. This would be a perfect gift for anyone, for any occasion.


Rico:
What medium/tools do you use to create your designs?


Gina Gomez :
Adobe Photoshop



Rico:
A few of my Favorite desings from GinaG Creations :




Peace Sign Symbol Throw Pillow
Peace Sign Symbol Throw Pillow
Peace Sign Symbol Throw Pillow by GinaGCreations
Check out other Peace sign Pillows at zazzle.com

Peace Sign Symbol Throw Pillow
Peace Sign Symbol Throw Pillow by GinaGCreations
Check out Peace sign Pillows online at zazzle

Custom retro peace sign design I created myself. Feel free to customize any of my products as well.



Elf Girl Laptop Commuter Bag
Elf Girl Laptop Commuter Bag
Elf Girl Laptop Commuter Bag by GinaGCreations
Look at more Elf commuterbag at zazzle

Elf Girl Laptop Commuter Bag
Elf Girl Laptop Commuter Bag by GinaGCreations
Find another Computer Bag online at zazzle.com

This is a beautiful custom elf girl image designed by Spain artist Montse Nievas (all rights reserved).



Day of the Dead Custom Droid RAZR Covers

This is a custom Day of the Dead image with beautiful bold colors. It would make an awesome gift for anyone.



The second half of the Interview with Gina G: will be posted on Sunday February 17, 2013. So come back for more with Gina Gomez !


No comments:

Post a Comment