Sunday, October 9, 2011

Interview with Doris Hernandez of Calypso Dreams

Doris Hernandez of Calypso Dreams

























Doris Hernandez of Calypso Dreams

Rico:
What's Your Name?


Doris Hernandez (DoHernan)

Rico:
List your shop(s) -


Doris Hernandez (DoHernan) :
 
Calypso Dreams

Rico:
How long have you been at Zazzle?


Doris Hernandez (DoHernan) :
I opened a store years ago, but had some unexpected curveballs in life, and have only been back and focused for about 4 months.

Rico: Are you a ProSeller?

Doris Hernandez (DoHernan) :
No

Rico:
What's the best advise you got when you were starting out?


Doris Hernandez (DoHernan) :
To be patient.

Rico:
What medium/tools do you use to create your designs?


Doris Hernandez (DoHernan) :
Canon camera, Photoshop, Daz | Studio, Poser, Vue, Bryce

Rico:
Who or what inspires you?


Doris Hernandez (DoHernan) :
I have a kitty, Calypso, that's been with me 16 years now, and she tends to be my muse.
I also walk around with my camera until something catches my eye, or I start doodling and go from there.
Sometimes I get specific requests from family members, for example my little sister wanted a blue kitten, so the Toon Kitty Skye was born. My mom wanted a Toon Bee and my bee Honey was the result.

Rico:
How much time a week to you spend on Zazzle?


Doris Hernandez (DoHernan) :
At least 10 hours. I've just been on a creative streak lately.

Rico:
What's the best advise you can give someone just starting out on Zazzle?


Doris Hernandez (DoHernan) :
The same that I received- to be patient. Be willing to try different things; you never know what will catch someone's eye.

Rico:
What do you like to do when you are not creating art?


Doris Hernandez (DoHernan) :
I like to read, go to the movies, hang out with family.

Rico:
Tell me 5 random things everyone should know about you? 


Doris Hernandez (DoHernan) :
 
I love singing and tend to burst into song.
I snuck my kitty Calypso into my college dorm room... so she's a very educated cat.
I like big purses so I can always have my camera with me... you just never know when you'll need one!
I spoil my little sister.
My favorite color is red.

Rico:
List 3 of your favorite designs you want me to feature. Tell me something about each design.


Doris Hernandez (DoHernan) :

Bianca Toon Kitty Music Bag



Bianca toon kitty loves music so I had to create fancy music notes for her. :) She took me several days to finish, longer than all my other toons, but I'm really happy with her.


Black and White Butterfly Binder



I like to take pictures of butterflies, and fell in love with the intricate pattern on a black and white butterfly's wings, plus the hint of light through them.


Phoenix Dreams Mousepad



Phoenix Dreams is an image that took me a very long time. I rendered it then took it into Photoshop. I'm really happy with how the lighting worked out, and it's a mix of fantasy and anime, which I love.

Rico:
This is one of my personal favorite designs from your shop 


Misty Falls Print



Niagara Falls Mists, Greenery, & Sky | I visited Niagara Falls once & had an old camera. I was taken by the white foamy misty waterfalls surrounded by dark stones and lush deep green grasses and trees and bushes.    Rico:  I love this print and Niagara Falls. Beautifully done!  

Rico:
Where else can our readers find you online?


Doris Hernandez (DoHernan) :

 
My gallery web-site
Facebook Page
Twitter @CalyDreams

3 comments:

  1. What lovely designs presented! It looks like your patience is paying off! Congratulations! SG

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely interview!! Just to let you know the link to the shop is broken. After a bunch of looking, I tried a link from those 3 products and found the shop.

    Love that kitty bag!! Good luck!! ~ Diane Clancy

    ReplyDelete