Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Interview with Briana Blair aka BrianaDragon

Briana Blair aka BrianaDragonBriana Blair aka BrianaDragon

















Rico: 
What's Your Name?

Briana Blair aka BrianaDragon

Rico: 
List your shop(s) -

Briana:
Blair Peacock Creations
Mandala Magic

Rico: 
How long have you been at Zazzle?

Briana:
Since April of 2009. Well, that's when I created my very first product anyway.  

Rico: 
Are you a ProSeller?

Briana:
I just made ProSeller under the new rules. I would have made ProSeller last year though if they'd had it fixed.

Rico: 
What's the best advice you got when you were starting out?

Briana:
Don't give up too soon. It can take a while to get that first sale, so just keep adding designs and products and know that the sales will come.

Rico: 
What medium/tools do you use to create your designs?

Briana:
Currently I'm doing almost exclusively digital work using PhotoShop, PSP and a Genius tablet. Sometimes I still use pen and paper, but not nearly as much as I used to.

Rico: Who or what inspires you?

Briana:
All kinds of things. Music, movies, TV shows, and my dreams. I see a lot of cool stuff in my dreams. If they ever come up with the technology, I would totally love a device that could record video of my dreams and let me make screen captures later. I'd never lose an awesome idea again!

Rico: 
How much time a week to you spend on Zazzle?

Briana:
It depends. I don't spend much time on the site itself because my husband (the Peacock of Blair Peacock Creations) does most of the listing. I do spend time every day, sometimes a long time, promoting, blogging, doing interviews and all kinds of other stuff to get the word out about our shop. That is when I'm not making new designs.

Rico: 
What's the best advise you can give someone just starting out on Zazzle?

Briana:
Ask questions and listen to what others have to teach you, but never take anything as gospel. Just because a way of working or promoting brings success to one person doesn't mean it'll work for everyone. Some people will give you "advice" that will drive you mad, or just not sync with the way you want to do things. Listen, learn, and develop your own way of growing your business. Also, try to provide a wide selection of products and designs. Selection will equate to greater interest and more sales.

Rico: 
What do you like to do when you are not creating art?

Briana:
Movies music and video games. They inspire me and they're fun. I also spend a lot of time on FaceBook. Hubby and I also like RPGing together.  

Rico: 
Tell me 5 random things everyone should know about you?

Briana:
Really? Um....
1. I'm lousy at talking about myself. My work, fine; me... not so much.
2. I'm an ordained minister and I have an MsD in Metaphysics.
3. I wrote an entire sci-fi novel at age 12. Maybe one day I'll publish it.
4. I actually like Abba and The BeeGees, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
5. I legally changed my name at age 18, and I'm actually considering doing it again.

Rico: 
List 3 of your favorite designs. Tell me something about each design.

Briana:
Favorite? Wow, I like so much of my stuff... This is gonna be hard...




Skelly Mummy T Shirt 

- I'm not sure what it is about this one, but I was so happy with the way he came out. It took 18 layers, including bandage strips I did by hand. I love the little details like the web and spider. It actually came out cooler than the image in my head.


All Gods Universal Power Color - Religious Symbol Print 


- This one is actually really special to me. I saw it in a dream. I was thinking of a symbol that would express everything I thought about God, and what it meant to me. I wasn't sure I'd be able to create something that really represented the vision in my head, but it came together perfectly. I think The Higher Power would be pleased.


Pretty Prancing Dark Unicorn with Flowers Ipad Case
- A darker version of this unbelievably girly pink unicorn I made. The original drawing was done when I was about 11 or 12. This dark version exists because hubby was gagging over the "nasty fluffy sweetness" of the original. LOL.

Rico: 
Where else can our readers find you?

Briana: 
Brianadragon on Twitter  
My Personal Blog  
Books I've Written 
Blair Peacock Creations FB Fan Page  
My FaceBook Profile

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Briana, for the helpful tips! Another great interview.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for featuring me!

    ReplyDelete